Welcome to the 7th Annual Team Alex Poker Ride. This is a one day, 100 mile ride to raise money for the WAM. It's also a great opportunity to ride a century and have fun at the same time. Please note that this year's ride begins and ends at Willoway Day Camp, 4654 Old Plank Rd., Milford. Post ride refreshments provided. Bring a bathing suit, towel and beverage of your choice.
100 Mile Hundo Route on MapMyRide -www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1127497681
subject to change on Saturday evening
Poker Ride FAQ
What is a Poker Ride?
- The idea of the original poker ride is to ride 100 miles and along the way pick up a playing card from a standard 52 card deck from 5 pre-determined locations (5 cards) to make the best 5 card poker hand. The best hands wins fabulous prizes.
- Past experience tells us that riders are usually more into the ride than the poker and many forget to pick cards and/or turn in their scorecards. So, new for this year, you will get your 1st 2 cards at the starting point and the additional 3 at the end.
- Grand Prize is a $100 ACF Gift Card
- Fabulous other prizes from American Cycle & Fitness, plus more prize donations to be determined.
- The 100-mile HUNDO route will go to Ann Arbor, Dexter, Chelsea, Whitmore Lake and Brighton. To shorten to 60, you can skip the trip from Ann Arbor Dexter Chelsea. There are many places for lunch and refreshments along the way.
- The route use lightly travelled roads and paved rail trail where ever possible but do involve sections of highly travelled roads.
- Cue sheets will be distributed before send off on Sunday morning
- Remember that this is a self supported ride so be sure to bring money, a spare tube and, if necessary, a friend to change your tire for you.
- Willoway Day Camp
- Check in is at 6:30am and ride leaves at 7am. We will go over the map, answer questions and distribute the 1st of 5 cards beginning at 6:45. Please plan to arrive at to the starting point, Willoway Day Camp, with as much time as you need to be ready. Willoway Day Camp is at 4654 Old Plank Rd., Milford, just past the entrance to the South Lyon Bike Trail
Pace: Ride at your own pace
Cost: Minimum $25 donation until July 14th. After that, $35. Day of registration allowed.
Start / Finish: Willoway Day Camp, 4654 Old Plank Rd., Milford
Where's a good place to eat lunch along the 100-mile route?
- Mike's Deli in Chelsea has great sandwiches and salads. You can order online through their Facebook Page. Friday afternoon seems to be a good time to place the order. "Even though I won't be anywhere near there by then, I'm going to ask to have mine ready by 10:00. That way it can wait for me." -Beth
- Zouzouz Cafe in Chelsea (734-4334228) also has a nice lunch menu. Their ordering system is different but you can call them from Ann Arbor or Dexter on Saturday and they will get your sandwich started. Here is a link to the menu.
- There is also a Subway in Dexter at 8135 Main St, Dexter, MI 48130. Their number is 734-426-5007
- And much more
When's the ride again?
- Sunday, July 16th, 2017
Remember that this is a self supported ride so be sure to bring money, a spare tube and, if necessary, a friend to change your tire for you.